What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?Posted: February 14, 2016
“Just a perfect day
Drink sangria in the park
And then later
When it gets dark, we go home”
HMM. this is going to be damn weird but a perfect day would be a day where
- I wake up naturally (not because i have to but want to),
- chill with the Maos in the morning & have my morning cup of tea.
- Do some work / surf the web with a mao (or two) by my side.
- head out for late lunch at some quiet cafe with a close friend.
- Head home after lunch and take a nice walk from the bus stop behind my home while listening to something nice
- and then wait for Jet to come home and have dinner.
I know my perfect day seems very low key and not very exciting but I think as I’ve grown older, I don’t need much to be content. I just need my maos, some friends, food, work (yes work! i like being useful) and Jet.
When I told Jet what my perfect day was, he was like isnt that your everyday? I was like. yeah. Almost. HAHA. I guess with age, I’ve come to realise it’s the little things in life that make you really happy and can be done over and over again. And that’s what makes it perfect. HAHAHA.
interestingly enough, Jet’s version of a perfect day is a day when we are out on the boat moored off Tulai island (tiny place off Salang Beach in Tioman). He wakes up, goes for a swim, comes back to pancakes for breakfast. Rests, goes for another swim / chase some turtles / look at coral. Read, eat lunch. rest, swim, shower, dinner. and then have the stars above our heads as we go to sleep in the open air.
This is part of my on-going mini project to answer all 36 questions that would apparently accelerate intimacy between two strangers by asking a specific series of personal questions. I’m just doing this as a writing exercise and answer one each Sunday.