What we learnt from the HiltonPosted: February 25, 2010
We did a site recce to the Hilton today, and over the best tea in the world, this is what we learnt:
- The ceiling is 4 metres high.
- The largest stage size is 24′ × 18′ × 3′.
- They need to check if 53A can plug in their stuff (and if so what interface they have). If they can’t and need to bring in portable speaker stands, then that will come with extra cost. -_-
- Large projector screens will beam live footage to tables which might be behind the pillars. The ballroom comes with spycams so this will be handled by the hotel AV crew.
- Pre-wedding menu tasting for 6 up to a max of 10 pax. Can have tasting before confirmation and then re-tasting with MOB/MIL/AA’s comments factored in. If food not satis and package not taken, then tasting will be charged at normal table price with 30% discount.
- 1st anniversary F&B voucher is equivalent to $100 or 3 bottles of wine.
- Complimentary car park passes for 20% max 25% of guests. If parking in Hilton is exceeded, then passes will be in terms of parking coupons for parking at URA car park in Anguilla Park or in neighbouring shopping centres like Shaw Centre, Forum Galleria, or Orchard ‘4FoW’ Towers.
- ‘Car park’ is two words, not one word.
- Swopping dishes is OK, but certain dishes will require a top-up.
- Fisherman Style = deep fried with salt, pepper, curry leaves and dried shrimp.
- Four Treasures are Shark’s Fin, Conpoy, something, and Fish Lips. (Seriously, fish lips???)
- Zhenjiang Pork Ribs is basically sweet & sour.
- Ginseng Essence with Longans, Wolfberries and White Fungus (supposedly) doesn’t have too strong a ginseng taste and is more, er… I forgot what she said. It also has passionfruit. (But I still say: “Eeeeeeeeee….”)
- Mongolian Dressing is some sooper-secret chef recipe with oranges, something-else-which-I-forgot, and is basically tangy.
- Every time I flip the menu choices and see the deep-fried wasabi mayonnaise prawns in mango salsa, I get hungry….